Sunday, November 27, 2011

Music & Love

This last Friday, my band The Brock Party won the Marquee 15 battle of the bands, wining us not only some money but future performances at this amazing venue. So many extremely talented musicians have played here, and I feel extremely lucky to be able to play on the same stage and to be able to share my love of music with other people at this venue. I recently saw my mentor Rodney Taylor perform there, so just getting the opportunity to perform on this stage was significant to me and assures me that I am moving in the right direction musically. I am looking forward to future performances there. How lucky, though, am I to have this opportunity to do something I love and to be rewarded for it? And what was also significant for me was having my family there to see me. I just feel really fortunate because a lot of hard work goes into each performance, and there are times where I don't sound good at all, and my family puts up with me and my altissimo notes that don't always sound pleasant, and they really put up with a lot, so I am really thankful that they have supported me by not making me stop, even when sometimes they should have.



1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! I watched the video, you sounded great!

    ReplyDelete